THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

Avish Parashar's Funny Stuff Blog has moved to http://www.MotivationalSmartAss.com. Same great content, new site and title.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit

http://www.MotivationalSmartAss.com

This site will no longer be updated. Please update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Karate Men and Pop Music

Is it weird that as I was walking out out of my karate school last night, I heard a grown man, who is a second degree black belt and an excellent martial artist, singing Gloria Estefan's, "1-2-3" to himself? Not that I'm making any judgments, it's just not the type of song I would expect someone like that to be singing. Certainly not out loud. I would think any genre of Rock - classic, modern, progressive, hard, etc. But Gloria Estefan? not so much...

Lesson #1: Don't judge a book by its cover, a man's musical tastes by the amount of butt he can kick, and certainly never, ever, guess at the amount of a butt a person can kick by the song he chooses to sing out loud. 'Cause you never know.

Lesson #2: This does bring up Mark Twain's quote: "Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth." Not a bad philosphy. Besides, if you're a 2nd degree black belt, who's gonna stop you?

P.S. For the sake of full disclosure, I think it's fair to point out that while driving to said karate school, Britney Spears, "I'm a Slave 4 U" came on the radio and I *didn't* change the station. At least I didn't roll the windows down and start singing along...

No comments: